July is Black Sheep Bride’s birthday month and boy has it been a fun, impact-filled, month indeed! As we grow and continue to use this platform to serve others and promote wedding professionals that value giving back, we wanted to start a series devoted to highlighting how our BSB #Vendorsthatgiveback have supported their communities each month!
1. Wedding World Changer Day- Tampa, FL : Our first BSB organized FREE wedding made possible by a group of generous business owners in Tampa, FL! This couple’s tender hearts for serving others awarded them the wedding of their dreams on 7/5/16. The groom is a firefighter and the bride is pursuing her degree in pediatric occupational therapy and volunteers regularly with children’s outreach, while also helping her mother fight a battle against cancer. It was truly a gift to be a part of this process from start to finish. Can’t wait to plan the next round in 2017. See the full recap here.
Planning: Oh Hello Events | Ceremony Design: Bourbon and Blush Events | Reception Design: Amber Veatch Designs | Floral Design : Andrea Layne Floral Design | Photography: Jeanine Leigh Photography and Green Pearl Photography | Venue: CL Space Ybor | Hair + Makeup: Michele Renee | Paper Goods: Citrus-Press Co. | Catering: Tastes of Tampa Bay | Cocktail Hour Catering: Chalk Board Special | Linens: Kate Ryan Linens | Cake : Trudy Melissa Cakes | DJ: Graingertainment | Bartending : Mix It Up FL | Ceremony Altar/Rentals: Wish Vintage Rental | Pipe and Drape: Coast To Coast Event Rentals | Smaller Wooden Signage: Aerie Lane | Rectangular Farm Tables, Chargers: Set Event Rentals | Media Partners: Creative Loafing and Marry Me Tampa Bay | Succulents: The Succulent Source | Lavender: Tin Can Event Company | Chairs, Square Tables, Dinnerware, Flatware, Glasses: A Chair Affair | Videography: The Portos | Bridesmaids Dresses: Two Birds Bridesmaid | Wedding Dress: The Bride Tampa | Tuxes: All Brides 2 Be Tampa | Hotel Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn Ybor |
2. Savannah Lauren Photography– Tampa, FL: Dedicated her time and talent to All Faiths Food Bank, out of Sarasota, to document a series called the “Hunger Narrative” at their food distribution sites, while also listening to people’s stories and helping them raise awareness and breaking down stereotypes on hunger.
3. Simply Catering– Atlanta, GA: Back to School Block Party: Simply Catering just hosted their “FIRST ANNUAL AUNT LEXI’S BLOCK PARTY,” on Friday, July 29th, in a local Atlanta based neighborhood. They are not only provided a fun dinner, but actively engaging their community for donations, and gifted the children with backpacks and school supplies before the new school year starts.
4. Lida Mathews Photography– Conroe, TX: The Dream Center in Conroe, TX helps provide resources and help for the homeless communities of East Texas. Due to its size, it doesn’t meet the requirements for The Birthday Party Project, so Lida Matthews’ church group decided to made these sweet children’s birthday party happen on their own!
5. Military Wedding- Tampa, FL: After hearing of the selfless dedication of this engaged couple and the journey they’ve been on to serve our country, while also planning their wedding day, a group of wedding vendors came together to give them the wedding of their dreams! See full recap here.
Planning + Design: Bourbon and Blush Events // Photography: Alexis June Weddings // Linens: Kate Ryan Linens// Catering: Tastes of Tampa Bay // Venue: Rialto Theatre // Floral: Inna Olimpiyuk Events // Table and Chair Rentals: A Chair Affair // Lounge Furniture: Danilyn Vintage Rentals // Dishes and Decor: Ever After Vintage Weddings // Stationery & Ceremony Backdrop: Blush Design Studio // Pet Sitting: FairyTail Planning // Wedding Cake: Trudy Melissa Cakes // Transportation: His and Hers Limousines // Entertainment: DJ Jenks // Mini Desserts: Sweetly Dipped Confections
Can’t wait to see what our vendors are up to for AUGUST! Stay tuned!