Andrea Layne Floral Design is a boutique floral designer operating in the Tampa Bay area specializing in creating beautiful blooms for weddings and events. Giving back is built into the fabric of their floral design business.
‘I am so thankful to be blessed with so much, that I must give back. We do it in multiple ways:
1. We have partnered with Random Acts of Flowers, a 501(c)3 non-profit, to re-purpose all of the flowers from our weddings and events. Before the event, we extend the invitation to donate the flowers afterward. We coordinate with a Random Acts volunteer to determine the pickup/delivery date, time and location. We also provide them with the client’s contact info so that they may receive tax credit for the donation and feedback from the donation recipients. After the event is over, we collect everything and take it all back to our studio, where we prepare the flowers for re-purposing. Finally we meet with the Random Acts volunteer to deliver the flowers, which are rearranged into smaller arrangements (often hundreds of new arrangements!) that are then delivered to area hospitals, hospice facilities, and cancer centers. It adds about 5-10 hours to our process for each event, depending on the size of the event. But it is so worth it! Knowing that the high quality blooms we source for our clients get to live on to brighten someone else’s day.
2. I have been a member of the Junior League of Tampa for almost 10 year and currently serve on the Executive Board. Our mission is to promote voluntarism, develop the potential of women, and improve communities through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are committed to helping break the cycle of poverty for Tampa’s most disadvantaged children and families. We do this through projects that: (1) Improve the lives of children and families touched by the Child Welfare system, particularly through the continuum of foster care; (2) Provide Education programs that support emerging literacy, life skills, and health and nutrition. I give not only a ton of my time and intellectual capital to our projects and programs, but I also make donations, both monetary and in-kind products and services to this amazing organization.
3. In addition, we also donate our time, inventory and flowers (at wholesale prices) to help produce non-profit events. The best example of this work has been with the Heart Gallery of Tampa Bay’s Be Mine Gala, that raises funds to help find foster children forever homes.I have served on the event committee as a chair for the last three years, not only directing the event design, but also executing the vision. We also make monetary donations to this award-winning non-profit.
I truly believe in the statement by Winston Churchill “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” I know that giving we do helps my business in ways I can’t even imagine. But that isn’t why I do it. I do it because it fuels my heart and soul.’
How We Give Back:
- Local/International Artisan Support
- Terminal Illness & Disease
Location: Tampa, FL
Wedding Category: Florals