This year is going to be huge! We have over 8 committed national publication partnerships and more to come.
2016 is all about brand awareness, increased exposure and connecting our Socially Conscious Wedding Publication with like-minded wedding events around the nation (and around the world in the near future). We will be sponsors/represented at over 50 + national events this year, with the help of these amazing partners, so you will be seeing a lot from these events throughout the upcoming year!
With that said, the first three months we will be introducing each one, one by one and chatting about how they are using their events to help others in their communities and around the world. Here is a little ‘cliff-notes’ glimpse at the publication partnerships we have so far:
Returning 2015 Publication Partners
1. The Big Fake Wedding (Nationwide):
This will be our second year working with The Big Fake Wedding
, based out of Atlanta, GA, and we couldn’t be more excited! They hop around the US and organize some of the funnest faux-wedding type of showcases I’ve ever seen. This year they will be in over 20 + cities and they are introducing a new giving back element! A portion of their ticket sales in 2016 will be going towards their “Start at Marriage, Save a Marriage” campaign, where a portion of ticket sales to our events from brides-and-grooms-to-be will help fund counseling and retreats for couples in marital crisis. Check out their 2016 list of cities and reserve your tickets today here
Photo credit: Josie Kay Photography
2. Toasted (San Fran, San Diego, Brooklyn): Traditional wedding shows aren’t for everyone. Toasted is a curated indie-wedding show & market aimed towards free-spirited and savvy nearly-weds looking for something a bit different. Combining an eclectic array of independent artisans, modern wedding ideas, handcrafted and eco-friendly goods and a party-like mood, Toasted is a refuge from traditional wedding planning. Grab your tickets for the March events here.
3. Fresh Bash (San Fran/Sacramento): FRESH is a thoughtfully curated showcase of interactive, on-trend exhibitions meant to raise the creative bar & inspire the senses. In it’s most simple form, FRESH is a kick ass party for the people that know parties best. The FRESH community is a union of the most artistic, inventive minds in the San Francisco, Bay Area, & Sacramento wedding industries. A portion of their ticket sales goes to a variety of local charities. The 2016 annual event is slated for 3.12.16- More info to come!
You can check out the recap of last year’s fun here.
Photo Credit: Hailey Erin Silver
Introducing New 2016 Publication Partners:
4. The Swoon Event (San Diego, Austin, Dallas, & NOLA): The Swoon Event is a fresh take on the standard bridal show. No endless aisles and massive crowds here. Just a dang good time featuring unique and local entrepreneurs and makers. The best part to us is: TSE collects prom and wedding dress donations at the door at each event, for Project Princess in Austin and Princess Project in SD. BSB readers have been gifted with an awesome 50% off coupon too>> BSBxSWOON. Grab your tickets for their January events here, before it’s too late!
5. Indie Wed (Chicago): Indie Wed
is one of the first and longest running independent wedding shows and markets of its kind in the Midwest. Their goal is to present alternatives to the typical wedding show, focusing on vendors with a twist. They appeal to not only those who want a full blown non-traditional event, but also to the more conservative couple who may just want to add a little bit of personality to their special day. They highlight local, independent, edgy, eco-friendly or unconventional exhibitors in wedding related fields such as stationery, fashion & accessories, florists, event coordinators, caterers, stylists and more. Reserve your tickets for their February shows here. A portion of ticket sales from these events is donated to micro-loans to entrepreneurs in developing nations, as well as, funding classroom projects in the U.S.
Photo by: Tuan H. Bui Photography from 2015 Indie Wed event
6. Bridal Wars (Nationwide): Bridal Wars is a team competition event touring the country! Teams of 3 compete in our one-of-a kind challenges, win great prizes and have a blast doing it! One lucky team in each event will win $1000 cash!! The challenges are a little bit physical (you might break a sweat!!), part hilarious (you’ll die laughing at your friends!!) and a whole lot of fun! Bridal Wars is a proud supporter of K9s For Warriors! K9s For Warriors connects Vet’s suffering from PTSD with Rescue Dogs (now trained service pets) around the nation.
7. The Recycled Wedding Boutique (Akron, OH): One of our awesome Black Sheep Bride vendors, Oak & Honey Events created The Recycled Wedding Boutique, a flea market of sorts in 2014 for Northeast Ohio couples. Soon-to-be couples can shop new, slightly used, and vintage items to create the wedding of their dreams from newlyweds who are looking to off load their wedding items. Next event coming soon this spring.
8. Brides for a Cause (PNW): Brides for a Cause brings its discounted wedding dresses to select cities to give brides in other areas an opportunity to shop through its wedding gowns! We are exclusively partnered with Wish Upon A Wedding, a non profit organization dedicated to granting weddings and vow renewals for couples facing serious illness or a life-altering circumstance. We collect and resell wedding dresses on behalf of Wish Upon A Wedding to help raise funds for their mission. Donate or purchase your wedding dress from Brides for a Cause and help grant weddings for deserving couples!
More still to come! Keep your eyes peeled!