Snail Mail is where it’s at party people… When you need to say a quick Hello, Thank You, or maybe a heartfelt sonnet to your special someone …. Choose one of these notecards to jot down your well wishes…. While you are sending notes of love, they are sending hope to the hopeless.
– Upcycled Heart ‘Love’ Cards- Used discarded paper and cardboard waste to make these upcycled pieces of art.
I Want Cookies
– Hearts and Stripes, $17.50, Using their business to help bring awareness and support to Autism.
Raven & Lily
– Uzma Card Set, $14. Raven & Lily are Empowering marginalized Women in Northern India.
– Assorted Paper, $9.95. Village Artisans lovingly handcrafts all their goods in the homes of women artisans in North India.
– Mini Textile Cards, $20- Supporting women in Rwanda through economic empowerment and education.
Charolette Layne- Lightning Bold, $21.50- CL gives 25% of their sales to Angel’s Among Us Pet rescue.
A few months ago I decided impulsively to participate in Jacksonville’s Annual Crowd Funding Festival- One Spark
, along side several hundreds of other amazingly creative people. I signed up on the last day of registration, I knew nearly no one in the city and I stalked out The Landing’s venue director – to host my last minute project.. like a cheetah about to attack a gazelle… Real Talk People- It was serious! Everything about the trip was challenging, last minute and hard, hard work… but at the end of week of networking, pitching and acquiring a million more freckles (standing in the direct sunlight 5 days straight)… I was so encouraged for the future of Black Sheep Bride’s success.
Never in a Million years would I think, one of those countless One Spark Connections… would lead BSB back to Jacksonville to accept an awesome opportunity to work hand and hand with KYN
(Business Accelerator Program.) For the next 6 months Black Sheep Bride will be working side by side the awesome KYN team (business/branding minded rad folks) to bring BSB up to speed, and get our mission out to the world! Make sure to like our BSB Facebook
page to follow along with all the new progress!
Let us pretend for a moment… that we ALL fall into the average wedding budget category. According to Wedding Stats
the average wedding in 2014 cost roughly $28,671… and if you took 10% of that budget and dedicated it to completely selfless awesomeness… that would be $2,867
Here are some ways to take your 10% and Change the World!
1. 102 orphans could be fed for 30 days. (Dando Amor
2. 28,000 trees planted (Trees for the future
3. 10 girls would be able to attend school (Heifer
4. 1892 meals will be provided to the homeless.
5. 143 people will receive clean water (Let it flow
6. 5 oncology family support groups/Dinners (for up to 100 people) can be organized for children diagnosed with cancer. (Children’s Cancer Center
7. 76 children sponsored for one month. (Compassion International
8. 50 Microloans rewarded to impoverish women to start a business. (Global Giving
9. 2,867 of Malaria Treated lives saved (malarianomore.org
10. 11,468 children everywhere will get one meal to eat. (Feeding Children Everywhere
Isn’t it crazy how such a small number… 10%… can make such a big impact on others! How will you use your 10% of wedding change to make world change?
In leau of the Black Sheep Bride Debut… I put together a stylized shoot that out-shined all the rest. The purpose of the shoot was to inspire, challenge and encourage wedding couples/vendors to consider their day a gift… not completely for themselves, but rather a gift for those in need, they help with each vendor/product choice they make in the process. Each participating vendors helps on a local or global level in their giving and each choice made in the planning process was with the intention of taking each $ and making it count for GOOD.
Accessories: The Giving Keys
Dress: Rent The Runway
Venue: The Barn Theatre at Winthrop
Paper Goods: Invitation Consultants
/Oh Hello Events
Furniture/Rentals: Anna Jane Styling
Shoe Drop Off Organization: Dando Amor
Confetti Wands: Oh Goodie Design and Events
Flags/Cake Topper: I Heart Flags
Photography: Jerdan Photography
(and the lovely help of Out of the Box Photography
Cinematographer: John Roquemore
Florals: TaylorMade Wedding and Event Flowers
Succulent pieces: Flowers on the Fly
Ceramics: Don Sizemore Ceramics
Turf Table Top: Forever Lawn Tampa
Its pretty amazing that couples are finding enough value in using their wedding budgets to give back that they would dedicate their entire wedding theme to TOM’S! Just imagine all the children they served through purchasing products that give back. Be on the look out for the full wedding showcase soon!
Special Thanks to Ashley and Todd Films
in Northern Florida for sharing their beautiful story.
Dede & Kyle Engagement
from Ashley and Todd