One of our amazing Black Sheep Bride vendors and stellar photographer, Ashlee Hamon Photography
was recently in St. Augustine photographing a wedding and had the opportunity to photograph an awesome Eco-Friendly Bridal Shoot the next day. This is what she had to say:
‘I wanted to take advantage of all of the gorgeousness America’s oldest city has to offer. While in the city for an amazing Casa Monica
real wedding I decided to maximize my time and shoot some styled bridal portraits before heading back home to Tampa. I borrowed a beautiful gown and head piece from Malindy Elene
and used my actual brides bouquet from the day before! The 20’s dress, the calla lilly recycled bouquet (made by: Anything with Plants and Flowers
) and my stunning red headed assistant were all I needed to galavant around and create beautiful portraits.
The hair and make up was thanks to 100 Percent Pure
. They are an amazing company whose corporate offices are run by 100% solar energy, they use biodegradable formulas, recycled packaging , and they are 100% cruelty free. The whole look came together perfectly and truly fit the mood of the beautiful city. We wandered many alley ways and found the most unique architecture. My favorite spots were around Flagler, with it’s perfect elegance and history.
The gown and head piece were contributed by Malindy Elene
, whom is a huge advocate of cause-minded business and gives back throughout the year:
– All of their unsold/older samples off the floor (which is about 20 – 30 a year), we donate to Bride’s Against Breast Cancer
to benefit breast cancer research
– Any bracelet, earring, sash, etc that starts to get a little ruined are taken apart and used for other things needed: either repairs to other items or special touches to current bride’s gowns!
– The owner Megan is on the board for different events for the Children’s Cancer Center
and actively promotes their events and cause!
– Shopping Local: they did a spotlight feature on all of the other local boutiques (non-bridal) in the area that they love and did blog features on all of them to help spread the love! Girl’s really loved that actually!
– Recycling mother’s gowns: They are a HUGE believer in this! What is your mom really going to do with her old gown and/or veil? Probably nothing lol! So if she is okay with it, they always recommend turning it into a rehearsal dinner gown, using the veil as your own, or tweaking it to a more modern style. It’s a really cool touch to your wedding day, an easy “something borrowed” and “something old” and what a sweet moment … Their seamstress does a ton of these a year.
Thank you Ashlee Hamon Photography
for sharing this gorgeous sessions with us to see the gorgeous impact socially conscious vendor choices can have on a Bridal Shoot.